Challenge: The insurance company just sent you an explanation of benefits for a client with a refusal to pay. What do you do?
1. Send the client a bill for the complete amount.
2. Bill the client at your usual customary rate.
3. Submit an insurance appeal for the client.
4. Write the bill off.
5. Send a copy of the bills to your professional association’s reimbursement coordinator for review and possible group action.
6. Ask the client if they have a health plan at work that covers medical expenses (HSA) with pre-tax dollars, and ask them to pay the bill from their health savings account.
7. Any other suggestions?